Standard Languages in Europe
- Attitudes & Perception -
December 06-08, 2018 - University of Vienna
Questions with regard to standard languages, both from a linguistic and an attitudinal/perceptual point of view, are currently the subject of intensive research across all of Europe, in both national and international projects. As this is the case for Austria as well (cf.
http://www.dioe.at/en/), we would like to create an opportunity to bring experts together and to provide a platform in order to exchange, discuss and present recent relevant activities as well as methodological issues and innovative approaches on the topic of standard languages in Europe (with an emphasis on Germanic languages), emphasizing attitudinal and perceptual aspects. A special focus will be on bottom-up approaches on an empirical basis.
Together with the following experts (in alphabetical order) we will discuss and exchange views on recent and current projects, findings and future activities:
- Stephan Elspaß (University of Salzburg)
- Anne-Sophie Ghyselen (Ghent University)
- Chris Montgomery (University of Sheffield)
- Nicolai Pharao (University of Copenhagen)
- Albrecht Plewnia (IDS Mannheim)
- Christoph Purschke (University of Luxembourg)
- Unn Røyneland (University of Oslo)
- Regula Schmidlin (University of Fribourg)
- Rebekka Studler (University of Basel)